The New Kia Optima
Enjoy business class travel.
A Stunning Silhouette
With an arching aerodynamic stance, prominent tail lights and with clean, sculpted lines, the new Optima radiates luxury and sportiness in all angles.
Made You Look
The new Optima has undergone an evolution. A bold new look, attention to detail and a delicate balance of stability and comfort. The new Kia Optima brings a perfect harmony of design and performance.
LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Expressively styled LED headlights adorn the new Optima to light your way, with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for added safety.
LED headlights with auto levelling available on GT grade.
LED DRL standard on both GT and Si grades.
- Chrome “Schreyer” Grille
- The new Optima range features the iconic & stylish metallic finish tiger-nose grille designed by Peter Schreyer.
- LED Rear Combination Lights
- LED lights available on GT grade.
- Rear Diffuser
A sporty rear diffuser is flanked by dual chrome tip rear mufflers on the new Optima to add a hint of exotic while lowering wind resistance for increased performance.
Only the finest materials have been used throughout the interior of the new Optima GT, from extended use of soft touch materials throughout the cabin to Sports "Tubular" Seats. Generous amount of head and leg room are available to provide maximum comfort and a rich, immersive and invigorating driving experience.
The new Optima GT comes with technologies to match its stylish interior. Exclusive flat-bottom sport steering wheel features paddle shifters for fingertip gear shifts, while the 8 inch touch screen display provides additional driver’s aid to the colour Supervision instrument cluster with GT Mode (Boost & Torque gauge).
CONVENIENCE & COMFORT
Details That Count
Small inconveniences won't tie you down with the new Optima GT. Enjoy a host of convenience features such as the Smart Boot Auto Release system which opens the boot automatically when your hands are full.
Wireless Phone Charging (Qi)
Free yourself of phone battery stress with the wireless charging (Qi) system.
Phone must be wireless charging compatible. Available on GT grade.
Smart Key with Push Button Start
Enjoy the convenience of unlocking your car and starting the engine with the push of a button.
Available on GT grade.
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Enjoy the warmth of the cozy heated steering wheel in the chilly winter morning drives.
- Heated steering wheel available on GT grade.
Auto Defog System
A standard auto defogger system clears windows quickly in cold or humid climates.
The chassis of the new Optima has been engineered for a smoother ride and more responsive handling through the road's twists and turns, specifically tuned and optimised for Australian driving conditions.
2.4L GDi engine
The new Optima Si features an efficient 2.4L engine with Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI), producing 138kW of power with 241Nm of torque.
2.0L Turbocharged Engine
The new Optima GT features our 2.0L turbocharged engine, producing a sporty 180kW of power with 350Nm of torque.
Advanced Material Construction
Thanks to smarter use of cutting-edge metals and adhesives at critical points of the vehicle chassis, the new Optima surrounds you with a lightweight yet strengthened cage.
Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)*
Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)* system continuously scans the road and will apply the brakes if it detects a potential for a collision with a car ahead to avoid or reduce the effects of a contact.
Blind Spot Detection (BSD) & Lane Change Assist (LCA)*
BSD and LCA system uses sensors to identify vehicles approaching from behind and alerts you through visual notifications on the side mirror.
Available on GT grade.
Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)*
RCTA system alerts the driver of any cars crossing the path behind the vehicle during reversing situations.
Available on GT grade.
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)*
LKA system alerts you when you depart your lane without using a turn signal and provides haptic feedback to assist the driver to remain within their lane.
Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFLS)*
The headlights swivel angle adapts to the vehicle’s speed and steering to provide enhanced visibility in dark driving conditions.
Available on GT grade.
To help protect occupants and potentially reduce injuries in the event of a collision, the new Optima offers driver, front passenger, front side and curtain airbags.
Kia Optima RANGE
Kia Optima Si
- Rear view camera with In-audio screen display & dynamic parking guidelines
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)*
- LED daytime running lights (DRL)
- Paddle shifters
- Apple CarPlay™† & Android Auto™‡ with voice recognition
- 17" Alloy wheels with full size spare
Kia Optima GT
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD) & Lane Change Assist (LCA)*
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)*
- Sports ‘Tubular’ leather appointed# seats with contrast stitching & GT logo
- Smart Key with Push Button Start
- Wireless phone charging (Qi)^
- harman/kardon® 10 speaker premium sound system - harman/kardon® brand (6 speakers, 2 tweeters, centre speaker & subwoofer all powered by an external amplifier)
- Smart boot auto release
- 18" Alloy wheels with full size spare
AUSTRALIA’S BEST WARRANTY
Like all Kia models in the range the Kia Picanto is covered by Australia’s best and only 7 Year Unlimited Km Warranty1 , with 7 Years Capped Price Servicing and up to 7 Years Roadside Assistance.
- All information and illustrations are based on data available at the time of publication and subject to change without notice. Contact your local Kia dealer for current information.
- *Safety technologies are supplemental systems and do not replace the need for the driver to exercise care and attention. For more information about Kia’s safety systems, please see your local Kia dealer or refer to your Kia vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- #Leather appointed seats may comprise of genuine leather, polyurethane and other man-made materials or a combination thereof.
- ^Phone must be wireless charging compatible
†Apple CarPlay™ connectivity requires compatible iOS device. See apple.com.au for more details. Apple CarPlay™ is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
‡Android Auto™ connectivity requires compatible Android device. See android.com/intl/en_au/ for more details. Android Auto™ is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Kia’s Unlimited KM 7 Year Warranty. Note: 7 year/150,000km warranty for vehicles used for the following: rental vehicles, hire cars, taxis, courier vehicles, driving school vehicles, security vehicles, bus and tour vehicles. Capped Price Servicing: Maximum payable for specified number of manufacturer’s standard scheduled maintenance services up to 7 years or 105,000kms, whichever occurs first. Complimentary Roadside Assistance for the first year. Renewed yearly by completing scheduled maintenance services at Kia Dealerships (up to maximum 7 years).Terms and conditions for Warranty, Capped Price Servicing and Roadside Assistance can be found at www.kia.com/au